After reviewing the results of the Holy Conversations, the Vestry had developed the following goals and challenges for Ascension.
Goals for Ascension:
1. Outreach that makes us a viable example of God’s presence in Mt. Sterling
2. Growth in membership and increased opportunities for youth and Christian formation
3. Sharing the Good News through social media and community engagement
4. Pastoral and congregational leadership that inspires and guides spiritual growth
Challenges for Ascension:
1. Lack of money and human resources
2. Lack of leadership
3. Lack of community presence and the need to effectively tell our story in a community in which the Anglican Tradition is not the norm
4. Congregational burnout
The Vestry met on Palm Sunday to address financial issues in preparing for the next step in our process in securing a new priest.
DAUGHTERS OF THE KING
The Daughters of the King will hold their regular meeting on 3 April after church. All Daughters and anyone interested in finding out more about the order are welcome to attend.
You are invited to…The 39th Annual Assembly Diocese of Lexington Daughters of the King-"Women at the Well"
Saturday, April 30th at the Christ Church Cathedral, Lexington
Registration (including lunch) $ 10- all reservations must be made NO LATER than April 22
Before the Assembly-A full Board of Directors Meeting –including ALL Chapter Presidents- will begin at 9AM
(If you are carpooling with others, activities will be provided for those not attending the board meeting-Chapter presidents unable to attend must send a substitute)
Board members(including presidents) must Rsvp to email@example.com before April 22nd
Assembly begins at 10:45 AM
TRIPLE BLESSING PROGRAM
Thanks to everyone who brought items for the month of March. For April, we are asking people to bring large paper plates, kleenex, paper towels and napkins.
Please don't forget to sign up your Kroger card for Ascension Church. Ask Cynthia or Matt Wilson if you need help with this.
ST. GEORGE"S DAY
Please plan to attend the festivities on St. George's Day at the Domain on 22-23 April. You can go for the day or stay overnight. See the Advocate for more details.